Tuesday 11 August 2015

If You Go Down to the Woods Today ....

Regular readers of my blog will know that I LOVE organising parties! I am nearly always organising something and more often than not will have a few events on the go.  Recently we had a fabulous Mad Hatters Tea Party and today was our Teddy Bears Picnic.

I get a group of my lovely family and friends together and we have fun, lots of fun.  I love seeing the kids faces, I love seeing the parents watching their children having fun and most of all I love trying to bring a bit of magic into lovely little lives.

Over the last couple of years, I have been extremely lucky to have come into contact with some absolutely fabulous people and companies.  Today, these wonderful people all came together to give our kids a wonderful afternoon and by the feedback received from the children and parents, they did just that.

Going to do a bit of a roll call as I genuinely believe that I have encountered some of the best people at what they do and I want you all to know about them.  First of all, I was recommended a face painter called Rosie Cheeks.  I had never met Debbie but she came with a glowing recommendation so I booked her.  She is absolutely awesome! Such a lovely person and her face painting was tremendous.  I can see me giving her lots more bookings in the future! :0)





Next up we were lucky enough to have some critters visit us courtesy of Animal Antics. When I first contacted Stef about bringing along her pals, she had already had a booking in later that afternoon and made a huge effort to fit us in so the children could meet them. She really didn't have to do that, could have just told me she was full but no, she didn't and we all loved seeing her gang.  Looking forward to having another event with the animals hopefully very soon (and for longer!)

 

 


Luca and I have been attending Musical Safari sessions with Rob and his Jaminals down at The Splat Centre in Whitley Bay for a while now.  Sadly, my big boy will be starting school in September so no more Jaminals for us but I highly recommend them for pre-school children.  Rob came along with his family, instruments and Jaminal Crew and gave us a fun filled half an hour music session.  The kids loved it and all joined in with enthusiasm!






We had the most beautiful princess visit us. Emma Enchanted is the company that I always book for my princesses and these photo's show why. Attention to detail is second to none, the dresses, the accents, the acting, practically perfect in every way :0) (check out my other blogs to see the other princesses Emma offers)



Laura is just gorgeous and is magical with the children.  We all got a princess lesson and she sang and led the dancing. Just fabulous.

Our finale of the day was provided in the most spectacular way with a couple of super heroes dropping by.  Jaws dropped and the kids flocked to Captain America as he greeted them all with hi-fives and posed for numerous photos.  Hopscotch Entertainment sent the super team along and we loved them





Captain America led the kids in general madness! Running about and having roaring competitions to see who could scare Iron Man.  They had a blast and I was particularly impressed at Iron Man's ability to move in that suit! 

Last but not least, I must mention my gorgeous glittery angels, Lauren and Katie, fabulous girls who did me a massive favour and sat and did glitter tattoos on all the kids and despite neither of them ever doing it before they did a fabulous job. Thank you girls, your hired!





I provided some other activities to keep the kids occupied, we had biscuit and cake decorating with TONS of sweets (that was a very popular activity for some reason!), we also made teddy bear puppets (wow, I didn't realise how hard cutting out 40 teddies by hand would be haha!) and we had a story corner, filled with books from our own collection at home, bear based mainly.







I think we all agreed that we had a fabulous day and for once, I was really proud of myself.  Of course I could not have done it without all the fabulous guests and helpers I had, together they made a truly magical experience for the children.  Thank you everyone, see you same time next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment