Friday 21 March 2014

Making Magical Memories

If you have kids, like us, little girls in particular, you will no doubt be surrounded by Disney Princesses. My daughter, Eva, is 5 and is utterly in love with them. She adores all things princessey, sparkly and glitzy - which girl doesn't?  From a really young age, she has been entranced by the Disney Princesses and spends hours re-enacting scenes from films and watching the DVD's.  For her 4th birthday she decided she would like a Snow White party. I needed to enlist outside help for this, whilst I am good with coming up with ideas, I need help with creation.  I found a fabulous lady through the marvellous world of Facebook (sometimes it does have it's uses!) Nikki has done lots of work for me in the past, she is awesome!  I asked her if she could create a Snow White party theme for me - and she did. It was amazing, Nikki is beyond talented and is such a super lady, please have a look at her page if you need inspiration and beautiful partyware. Lila's Party
 

   


Now the challenge began to find the star guest.  At this age, Snow White was Eva's absolute idol, she adored her, sang the songs and had a few of the toys .....



A friend told me about a lady who did princess visits, she dressed in character and came along to parties, did a song and a bit of a guest appearance. I found the page, again on Facebook, and got her booked to come along as Princess Snow.  The customer service I received was second to none, especially as I made a massive mistake in booking the venue, Emma and Amanda worked to help me rectify this and I was eternally grateful! We kept Snow's appearance a secret from Eva and the rest of the guests, I love surprises so was bursting keeping it quiet! The day of the party finally arrived, Diane from the Creation Station ran the party for me (more about her in another blog!) and it was amazing.  About halfway through, Emma telephoned to say she had arrived. The sight of Snow White clambering out of a Nissan Micra (I think!) was to behold! I was utterly speechless when I saw her - she was Snow White! It was amazing, she was exactly as Snow White should look and what every little girl imagines her to look like.

The look on Eva's face when Snow White walked in to her party was priceless, I cried! She just whispered 'it's Snow White' was completely star struck and was unable to talk! I don't think she could believe it!! Emma just glided into the room and even had the authentic accent.  All the children stopped what they were doing, including the boys. She was just beautiful.  She sang ' A Smile and a Song' and it was fabulous, Eva just stared at her, I had such a lump in my throat.


Although Eva never spoke much, if at all, she was completely star struck, she has spoke about it non stop since and still refers to it today. We have since attended many events and have booked Emma as various other princesses over the last couple of years and she never fails to amaze.  Thank you Emma for helping to make my daughters dreams come true.
 Emma Enchanted the maker of dreams

Follow our adventures at Fun with the Family
partyware by Lila's Party
princess by Emma Enchanted
party provided by The Creation Station


No comments:

Post a Comment