Tuesday 29 October 2013

Mammy Flynn's Wish List

I am always on the look out for new and different activities for us to do, unfortunately, time and more importantly money!, always seem to run out for us.  I have got a list which I am desperate for us to complete before the children grow up, I am determined to get through most, if not all of them. I want my babies to have the best possible childhood that we can give them, they are young for such a short length of time, I want it to be as magical and carefree as it can be. So here is some of my rather ambitious list!!

1. Most of all I want to take them to Orlando, Florida.  I am lucky enough to have been twice with my parents and brother when I was 16 and 18, a long long time ago now!! It was the most amazing place and all I can picture now is my kids faces and the joy it would bring them.  I could actually cry when I think of what they would be like there! Bit mad but that is the truth

2. New York. Again, I am really lucky to have been to this wonderful city twice, once on our honeymoon and once with the parents and bro, before and after 9/11.  It truly is like no place on earth and is just as you expect to find it in the movies.  I want to go at Christmas time so we can go ice skating and see the wonderful Rockefeller Christmas Tree.  I want to go to Macy's with them to see Santa Claus (Miracle on 34th Street), I want to explore FAO Schwartz with them, the Barbie department alone is a sight to behold.  Most of all, I want them to experience the hustle and bustle of Noo Yawk streets, hop on a subway, ride in a yellow cab, eat in a diner, wander through Central Park and see the pigeon lady! ( Home Alone 2) I just want them to go to New York City, the greatest city in the world! (after the toon of course)

3. Kielder Winter Wonderland.  I have heard nothing but great things about here, I have also been told that the kids probably need to be about 5 years old to fully appreciate it and at £35 a person, we will wait a few years to go there.

4.  Peppa Pig World.  My two, especially Luca, adore this crazy, annoying little pig!! I have had friends that have visited and say its a must, we need to visit while they still love all things Peppa!

5. Thomasland, same as above, Luca loves Thomas and he loves trains.  This is another place I want to visit at Christmastime as I am told it is magical.

6. Italy. Just Italy in general!! Italy is where my husband and I shared our very first holiday and we have since been back and we just are in love with the country, one of the reasons we gave our son his name is because of the love we have for the place.  We have visited Florence, Venice, Verona, Rome, Bologna, Lake Garda, Siena & San Giminigano.  I have run out of superlatives to describe Italy.  I want to take Luca to Lucca! The plan is, for when they are older, is to get a flight into a city, any city, and then just jump on the train.  The Italian train system is far superior to ours - and cheaper.  We will book hotels as we go and plan to spend about 3 weeks touring round.  I most definitely want to visit Sorrento and surrounding areas.  We have, in the past, booked to go to Sorrento about 3 times but for whatever reason we have never got there. I WILL get there, one day!!!

7.  Northern France/Belguim.  Both my husband and I share a passion for history, hubby more so with the world wars, in particular the First World War.  When I was a teenager, I went on a school trip to the battlefields of the First World War. We visited the Somme and Ypres amongst other places and we both believe that our children should know as much as we can teach them of this most important piece of history.  We want to take them to Normandy and to the beaches of the D-Day landings, we want them to understand the sacrifices that have been made in history 'Lest We Forget'

I am sure the list will go on and on, but at the moment, this is all I can think of! Will add to it when I can think of more!

No comments:

Post a Comment